RCU Forums - View Single Post - New IGYRO 3e is here!
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2015, 01:15 AM
Gordon W

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gunradd
Gordon yes you can fly the 3E in heading hold mode through out the flight. I cant stand how it feels in heading mode and disabled heading hold on mine. Its good gyro for the money that works great. I do still preffer the cortex though. The more I mess around with these it seems that certain planes do better with the cortex and others do better with the 3E. Also every pilot is different. Both are huge advancements in the hobby!
Thanks Gunradd. I did experiment some time ago with heading hold using an Eagle Tree 2D/3D stabilizer in another plane, with a view to setting up the plane for a sort of auto-land capability. It kinda worked but success wasn't all that repeatable though it was fun trying. The field where I fly now is bounded by trees which enforce fairly tight manoeuvring for landing, so I think the hold feature would be even less useful here during landings. Using 40% rate gain, landing approaches are much less stressful than with no gyro, as all I need to do these days is gently steer the plane to the runway threshold whilst the Cortex takes care of all the bouncy turbulence that used to have me wiggling the sticks all over the place trying to keep the plane on track.

Gordon