RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Hangar 9 P-51 60cc
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2015, 02:02 PM
kalzone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stevedavy
Kallin,

Brilliant thank you very much for the pictures they helped a lot. I have found the Varioprop on the German website and intend to go the 4 blade route. Do you get any damage to the wing around where you put the batteries when you go inverted, as they seem able to move in the vertical, or do you put foam on the wing? Mine may be a little lighter due to not having the sound system and my 3 x 3600mah(1 retract 2 powersafe rx) batteries are placed in the ready made battery box if the C of G allows. What flight times are you getting with your set up?

steve

steve,

i do not have anything on the wing under the batteries. the lower 2 batteries sit on the top of the wing. when i put in the lower two batteries they slide back and fall down behind the box the has your rx and gear batteries in it. they are snug as they are between the box and the gear door servos. i have put a peice of foam on top of the two top batteries to stop them from moving.i am running the varioprop from germany im using the 16d 4blade. on that prop the max rpm is 4600 +- but im running it to max of 7000 and ive had no issues.my timer is set for 6 minuets but i dont land until the timer goes off i could get another minute or two if i dont fly with so much full throttle but thats not fun.