RCU Forums - View Single Post - New IGYRO 3e is here!
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2015, 09:19 AM
Gordon W

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HarryC
I am running 5 powerful digital servos from the Cortex and that issue of getting current through just 2 leads does concern me a bit, as 4 of them are elevons which will all be worked at the same time so maximising the current drawn. However I can't see how you get a battery input on its own into the Cortex, could you explain please? The only spare socket is for the USB connection.
Hi Harry

The Eagle Tree stabilizer has a similar setup but worse in that it supplies servo power from Rx to gyro through just one lead, the remaining gyro input leads being single signal wires.

Since all the primary control servos are on extension leads, the way I dealt with this shortcoming was to extract the +ve and -ve connectors from a servo extension plug, and re-insert them in the appropriate gyro input plug. The now single wire servo plugs go into the gyro as normal, and the now 3-wire gyro plugs go into the appropriate Rx socket. This eliminates the need for Y-leads and passes power directly from the Rx to the servos.

Unfortunately not all servo connectors are the same, so this idea won't work with every avionic installation as the servo wire crimped connectors might differ from those of the gyro.