RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hangar 9 60cc Corsair
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2015, 12:44 PM
njmheli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XICOY v's Vanessa..........results are perfect !!!!

Hi Guys.

Well,needed to see if what cost me a lot of £'s ( here in the UK ) is as good as something that costs a few pence !!!

I decided to risk "stringing" up my 37lb+ bird ( garage beams more than capable to carry that load !!! ),wow it is heavy,when pulling on a thin nylon rope,managed to get the Corsair hoisted up about 1/2" of the floor.( safety mat underneath...........just in case,good old "reef knots"holding all up !!! )

The results I got from the Vanessa are spot on with the Xicoy meter..............so pleased with that ( puts my mind a ease....),still a worth while investment (IMO),Vanessa as good as she is can't give me the AUW..........

I decided,whist she was hanging in mid air to check all the gear action and also to see how far the c of g moves with the gear in the UP position....all gear,main and tail working 100%,together with release of bombs.............So all done in that department,more boxes "ticked" off..........

On my Corsair,the c of g position as set at 130mm ( gear down and level ).... moved to 140mm on gear UP...............so a AFT move of 5mm..........

I have done some short video of all the action,will post those links............if I can get it correct !!!!

See the photos below............NOTE : No Corsair was damaged in the process of Vanessa checking !!!......

Regards...................Nick (UK).
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	finalv1.JPG
Views:	183
Size:	115.8 KB
ID:	2115952   Click image for larger version

Name:	finalv2.JPG
Views:	144
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	2115953   Click image for larger version

Name:	finalv3.JPG
Views:	133
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	2115954   Click image for larger version

Name:	finalv4.JPG
Views:	132
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	2115955   Click image for larger version

Name:	finalv5.JPG
Views:	139
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	2116054  

Last edited by njmheli; 08-22-2015 at 03:49 AM.