RCU Forums - View Single Post - Have I missed anything exciting??
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2015, 05:45 PM
DieHarder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The LaTrax was a little sketchy to fly when I first started. Like the first flight was 5 seconds in the air near the ground and it hit a chair. It was fairly easy once I got about three flights under my belt. It's pretty cool how the thing auto-trims itself. On mine the tx has trim adjusters, but each time you shut off the copter and plug a new battery in, the trims reset and it self-trims itself. So the trim adjusters are not even necessary. It's a very capable and fast quad, quite robust as well. The one problem I occasionally have is the props cracking near the screw that holds them on, but only if you over-tighten the screw, which is pretty easy to do. Other than that, I really like it. It doesn't carry much of a payload because of it's size and weight, so I can imagine if I got the optional camera or light bar it might have a little trouble. Great copter though.
Originally Posted by EXT2Rob
I bought myself one of those little micro-quads to try about a year ago. Could never get the thing to fly very well. It needed constant control input just to keep it in one place. Could never get the trims to let the thing hover in place. Got really frustrated with it. Have thought about buying a LaTrax, seeing as how it has better electronics and sounds easier to control and learn on. (What was your first time experience like with the LaTrax, Nate?)