RCU Forums - View Single Post - What's the poop ?? --- " The new FEJ "
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2015, 11:25 AM
PowerBoxDanny
My Feedback: (47)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by YellowAircraft
Danny,

I've been aware of the Chinese New Year (business-wise and culturally) for a long time, but with some of these outfits, it's used like magic words to explain everything but the Chicago fire. That's a heck of a party when it turns a 12-week quote into a 11 month turn-around.
Roger that but its never 12 weeks, its more like a week for them to put the order in the que, 12 to 14 weeks to build the plane and in our case, another 3 weeks on the boat and that's in ideal conditions with the factory running at 90% or better. Also, as far as their long holiday,it's what happens when they get back to regroup and get the ball rolling again. If you have been aware for a long time, then you should know that it spans way beyond a month long party to get back to speed. Man I hope no one has had to wait 11 months! That a very long time. You have to think though, if everyone claims that's the reason, maybe its because its not an excuse but a reality? Maybe? For us it's not an excuse but a fact and if the delay happens around that time of the year well, there you have it. Now if you order your aircraft in April and it takes 18 months, well then something aint right!