RCU Forums - View Single Post - Why no .61-.91 (4 stroke) sized ARF WarBirds???
Old 08-24-2015, 07:09 PM
cmgtech1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why no .61-.91 (4 stroke) sized ARF WarBirds???

Every Hangar9/Horizon war bird in the 60" - 65" wingspan size (.61 2 stroke - .91 4 stroke) is "on back order" and have been for a while. Top Flite has a multitude of war bird offerings in the "Giant Scale" sizes, but only the P-51, F4U, and AT6 in stock. There are absolutely no viable axis war birds in this size available from anyone. Hangar9 had the Bf-109 (which is a great flyer), but it has been showing a "backorder" status for an extended time, and nobody with Horizon can tell me if the product will ever be back in stock or if it's actually discontinued.

Why is this size warbird receiving such little attention from the ARF manufacturers/distributors? I have no desire for the .46 sized models, and the Giant Scale versions are simply not practical due to size and cost, and because I prefer 4stroke glow engines over the weed eater sounding tone of most gasoline engines.

I can get a stupid foamie of practically any war bird, but they simply don't fly like a proper model, and foam always looks like... foam.

Why the demise of the classic .60 sized war birds?