RCU Forums - View Single Post - Testing the new NV (Norvel) .40 size (6.5cc) gasoline glow engine
Old 08-26-2015, 07:09 PM
Charley
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aspeed
Sorry about your losses ;-( If the crankpin has a hole in it, you could indicate it on a mill and press a hardened dowel pin in. If there is no hole, you can kind of guess. Only a few bucks, and only time. It is a hobby. If three washers are in and it sounds like detonation, maybe it is still overcompressed, but a diesel has kind of an odd sound when undercompressed, and maybe that is it? It would be harder on the rod if it is the wrong decision.
I suppose you're writing to two different people, one of whom is me, so I'll comment. If you're a machinist with a machine shop at your disposal such a repair as you advocate might be effected economically. How long a pressed in pin would last is another question, moot at this point. Maybe hsukaria ought to send you his crank. Are you up for giving it a try?

For my part, I'll run My GX-40 some more & see what happens. Things can't get worse. It's already paper weight.