RCU Forums - View Single Post - Have I missed anything exciting??
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2015, 07:49 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm a fan of Bruce, I think I've nearly watched all his videos... Lol

but yeah, don't u reckon it's surprising how cheap a 1/2 decent racing quad is to build??
It kinda kills me thinking I've spent over $40 before on 1/10 SCT tyres before.....that's more than I paied for the carbon fibre quadcopter frame!! Over the years I have absolutely poured money into RC cars with little results... Dead set think about how much money u have waisted on RC cars with upgrades that really don't have big effects on a bash car.... Universals, alloy shocks, expensive tyres, ball diffs, fancy ball bearings, faster servos, alloy screws, excessively expensive CF parts, alloy braces/bulkheads, alloy suspension bits.... No kidding I'd be up in the thousands... And I don't really have much to show for it....

When u compare building one to a Ready to fly, drone, there is no comparison. U end up building it for a few hundred dollars less and the parts are considerably better in quality and durability. It's honestly like comparing a 1/10 radio shack car to a 1/10 team X-ray kit...plastic vs carbon fibre.