RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2015, 07:40 AM
Jim Branaum
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Old Fart
That's a fair question jim.I agree with your prop choice.Have you bought an engine from somebody who never intended to run it? ie someone who likes tinkering with mechanical things but not interested in firing the engine up to see what happens,or stand near it? pull the carby apart and have a look specially at o rings,if you can get around 9000 or under on the ground you won't be too lean,hobbsy has seen heaps of props disappear over the back fence doing that and it takes a brave bloke to lean over the main needle when you think that may happen,or has happened.

Trev do you feel like copying the 'red book' and sharing here?

ps could keep you out of 'the little black book'

Ok, I will do that as soon as I get off jury duty. Might just take the carb of the wrecked 150 GK and put it on this one and see what happens. It was turning 10K when I switched the rudder direction and stupidly managed to do that to the ailerons also. That was an expensive mistake - not checking control directions just before take off .

As for standing over or in front of ANY RUNNING ENGINE, I just don't do that. I reach from behind the engine to the needles. I also have learned (the hard way of course) not to trust your helpers who are holding the airplane. Had one pull the plane back into my hand as I was tweaking the needle. The back side of the turning prop does not cut as bad since it is retreating, but it will still beat you up!