RCU Forums - View Single Post - Is Model Aviation inadvertantly fanning the anti-drone flames?
Old 08-30-2015, 03:53 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kdunlap
The point being... the AMA needs to spend more time protecting "traditional RC" than trying to promote drone initiatives. There is a huge distinction between a traditional line of sight RC aircraft without auto flight capabilities and a drone. Don't see much press from AMA driving home this messaging. Won't be too much longer before "drone "becomes shorthand for every model aircraft in the sky. Oh yeah anybody see today that the FAA approved "paper airplane drones?" Total range of 180' and made of paper. Really? We need to approve paper? What's this toy going to do? Morph into a spit ball and poke an eye out? I suspect there is someone at AMA happy about this great accomplishment of government regulation.
Missed that initially....a phrase that eventually pops up in all of these threads. "Traditional"....so open to interpretation.

But regardless, I'm sure the folks who got into the hobby after free flight models were happy, no better yet thrilled, that the hobby was smart enough to evolve and embrace new technology and means of building and flying. Nirto, gas, control line, mutli channel, helis, 2.4.....etc etc etc.

Show me something that failed to evolve, and I'll point out a picture of it...in a museum.