RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hangar 9 60cc Corsair
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2015, 07:12 PM
chorner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey all, figured I'd add some photos of my Corsair and latest updates.

First off, I received a brand-new set of Robart Electric retracts. Long story short, the new ones have much better tolerances and there's a slightly updated design with more bracing on the main strut (non-rotating part), the colour has changed on the mounting frames -not sure if this means a change in materials at all-, and it seems to be a newer revision of the electric actuators. I'm crossing my fingers this is the last of my retract issues; one thing is for certain, Robart customer service is great... not that I want to use it so often however.

Secondly, I could no longer stand any of the Spektrum *garbage*; poor QC, terribly low resolution especially on the Xplus 8 expansion causing really jittery gear door operation, and overall choppy performance when all the channels are loaded up. Spektrum stuff is great for low channel requirements, and if you can't tell the difference between a plastic piece of **** and a well built radio lol (rant over....). The range issue recall on my DX18 was the final straw on the camels back. I wanted to move into a high-end radio, and went for the new JR 28x. I have to say... what a HUGE difference. Every last corner of the radio is made with a purpose, and very high quality materials and construction inside and out. You really can't appreciate how nice it is until you spend a week with one. It's awesome... definitely worth the money and will last a long time.

With the transmitter change, also came a complete overhaul of my radio gear inside the plane. The Xbus hub system is excellent. I'm very impressed, and once finished will really clean up my wiring as well as IMO providing more reliable performance and redundancy without going overkill. I re-did my cockpit panel switch with HD deans connectors, and did a one-over on the entire plane making little tweaks etc. and tried to lighten the plane wherever possible. Also, the gear sequencing on this radio is miles ahead of the DX18 - not to mention the gear doors are actually smooth now unlike the **** 512 resolution and huge 80ms delays with the Spektrum crap. All in all, I've got the gear and gear door sequencing running buttery smooth now.

.... going to be awesome plane to fly (...again), and especially happy with the new radio gear. Haven't flown yet with the new setup, but judging by the control feel, accuracy, resolution and response of the new setup on my Extra 300 I also converted over... it's going to be even better!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0757.jpg
Views:	844
Size:	2.03 MB
ID:	2117547   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0749.jpg
Views:	759
Size:	2.92 MB
ID:	2117548   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0671.JPG
Views:	836
Size:	2.35 MB