RCU Forums - View Single Post - Caelus New F3A design by Top RC Model
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2015, 08:57 PM
Dave Harmon

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kdunlap
CAELUS HAS FLOWN!!! What an incredible airplane. Can't say enough about the Caelus! Got 3 trimming flights in and it was such a pleasure to fly her. If Mike can get a couple wrinkles worked out at the manufacturing end he will have a game changer…. The airplane weighed in at 5185g with zippy compact 5S 5000 batteries. Each pack was 1130/1135. There are certainly some places I can take the weight out and don't see a problem getting the airplane below 5000g. On the first flight I had the batteries at the aft end of the battery tray and the CG was way too far forward. By the third flight the batteries were hanging over the edge of the tray going as far back as the aft end of the wing adjuster. CG better but not great. Will be changing the batter tray so that I can slide the batteries back another 1 - 2 inches. Thanks to the great guys at the FARM club who helped me out!!! You guys are the best!!.
Ken

Ken....you can save a LOT of weight up front by changing to a Falcon carbon prop and Falcon carbon spinner.
I can tell you for sure that if you are moving the battery that much....something is misplaced and should be moved as well as getting as much weight off the nose as possible.