RCU Forums - View Single Post - Is Model Aviation inadvertantly fanning the anti-drone flames?
Old 08-31-2015, 11:56 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mr_matt
"...The entire mentality is a carbon copy of the Park Pilot fiasco. In this case, the drone guys are even FURTHER away from a traditional modeler mindset. They are not modelers, they are social media junkies. If the thing did not have a camera and a place to post the video and get comments and "likes" they would not even be doing it.
I don't get the hit on the Park Pilot program, or why you feel it was a fiasco. Not sure if you meant that those folks are far away from the traditional modeler mindset, or or not modelers to some degree. Plenty of smaller airplanes can he scratch built and flown in parks.

But that issue aside, how did looking for more members who might not want to get into a full fledged AMA membership become a bad thing? They get some layer of coverage, and also pay dues to the AMA. Perhaps they don't want to deal with bigger airplanes, and the politics of a club.

Unless an obscene amount of money was spent on that program, and it failed in some demonstrable way, what is the downside to this program? I honestly don't see it.