RCU Forums - View Single Post - Chief Aircraft / Skymaster USA Release of New 1:3.5 Hawk T1 and Hawk 100
Old 09-02-2015, 03:05 PM
PowerBoxDanny
My Feedback: (47)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by schroedm
Danny,

Not getting into a bun fight I don't see what all the fuss is about this. I'm not saying anyone is 'off' - they're not. Each manufacturer is correct on their scale when dealing with span.

Skygate is 250cm. 939/250 = 1:3.75
Tomahawk is 270cm. 939/270 = 1:3.5

SM are in-between at 263cm so, no surprise their scale is in-between at 1:3.57 maybe say 1:3.6???

When you sell a scale model you sell it at the scale you've built it at and not how it compares to other kits? Comparing yours to the size of others doesn't make it any bigger or smaller - it's the size it is!!! (The same applies to this LOL)

No bragging rights or loss of face. It's 363cm span and 318cm long. People just deal with that :-)

does es anyone have a definitive full size T1 length less probe??????
I am making no fuss about it. Just explaining why Skymaster arrived at the scale. No one else is really fussing about the scale issue. As you said in your statement, People will just deal with the numbers but when they call me on a daily basis, I have to explain that it is similar in size to the Skygate and the Skygate is 1/3.75. Why does it matter, because my customers refer to those two other brands to gauge its size. When it said 1/3.5, people immediately assumed it was as big as the Tomahawk which it is not so to reduce the confusion, this change has been beneficial in 99.9% of the cases.