RCU Forums - View Single Post - Why I'm going back to glow
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2015, 12:54 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by AeroFinn
I think your problem is that you are so used to inexpensive prices on most products As everything is expensive in Europe we don't think of prices that much, I guess..
Well, in my part of the country, glow fuel prices are right around $30-36 USD per gallon for commercially made fuels. Other parts of the country it's a bit cheaper. If I used the Motul oil in my fuel (been mixing my own for several years now), the cost per gallon would be very close to the store bought fuels which hurts my hobby budget when I burn several gallons a season. I'm a bit of a cheapskate, so using $25/gallon castor oil is much cheaper (and works well) than using $40/gallon American synthetics and especially cheaper than the $80/gallon European oils. Now don't take that as me taking shots on the Euro oils, I'd use them if they were cheaper. Quality costs money, I know, but $50 worth of oil that works about as good (or slightly less) for a season than $160 worth of oil means I have $110 to put towards other models.