RCU Forums - View Single Post - Why I'm going back to glow
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2015, 10:23 AM
bzyguy01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
I rarely burned out a glow plug, if I did that glow plug was probably 5 years old or more. The fuel smells like perfume and gas stinks. I love tinkering on engines, I rarely have to take it apart, but relish the work when I do. If you use pump gas the engine go to s@#$. So you have to pay more and it costs $5 mixed. Only a buck or two more to mix glow and a lot more power and no stink.

I have never had a gas engines, but I have more trouble with my gas edgers, trimmers, and blowers than I ever have with my glow engines so I do not care to try one.

Go to the gas forum if you are going to dis glow engines, you won't find many on your side here.
For starters...If this was directed towards my post...I'm sorry if I ruffled your feathers...I did not search for this thread in Glow...It was on the front page and I clicked on it because of the OP's thread title. There is and will always be a difference of opinions...step outside the box.
As far as comparing weed eaters and edgers with small gas engines in our models we are comparing apples to oranges in a sense...I too have the same issues with my darn lawn equipment but I do think a lot of it starts with the crappy fuel lines and the way we abuse and store our yard tools...I know mine are rode hard and put away wet!! Besides ...the quality of a DA, Zenoah, etc...are second to none.

As far as maintenance on a airplane gasser all I need to do every three to five years is replace the fuel lines and throw a $6-7 dollar carb kit in.

I must be strange as I personally feel that NITRO engines stink to high cotton. My gassers don't stink to me? I keep all my planes in a air conditioned hobby room and the gassers never smell to me? I must be strange tho because most posters here feel that Nitro smells better. Regardless...I love them all ...but especially gassers. Nitro's really have a home in the smaller plane area...and a gasser pound for pound and especially performance cannot compete...Nitro is the clear winner for that smaller sized plane for sure. Even If we could find a comparable weight and sized bird to compare...The NITRO would smoke the gasser in performance of equal size/weight aircraft.