RCU Forums - View Single Post - HELP!!! O.S 160fx is driving me crazy!!
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2015, 03:55 PM
Chuckc21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys, I think I am going to go ahead and replace the bearings, not sure I will replace the crank though, it should be fine. I am going to go ahead and replace the ring and piston sleeve as well. I am going to then place a pump on the engine. I was thinking back to the small hiccup I said I had with this engine in the past and it all makes scenes now. The hiccup in the past was that the engine was running fine one day and had been all day long. Then bam it started running lean. I noticed it on the long vertical up line at first. I landed the plane and opened up the high end a bit. All was good for a flight then it started running lean just flying wings level. I landed it again and then nothing I did with the needle would help. I richened that thing up to the point I was afraid I was going to completely unscrew the needle, and it still ran lean. That issue fixed its self though. I let the plane sit for a bit started it up and all was good for a couple of weeks then it did it again. This time I took the engine apart and cleaned every part of that engine and checked the bearings since the guts were out. The bearings at that time looked good and spun freely with minor varnish on them. I reassembled the engine and that was several months ago and it ran like it was brand new after that until now. It would seem I am having a fuel supply issue of some sort that seems to come and go for some reason. Like I said I have seen many people say that they had to run a pump with this engine. Would every body agree on the fuel issue?