RCU Forums - View Single Post - Great Planes Seawind
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2015, 01:44 PM
Sharpeye22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bigbird3
The pylon structure isn't built to handle even your engine. If you insist on using the 100, shoot some door and window foam in the pylon.
I thought of doing that but I can not find any spray in, closed cell foam. If it is open cell like the window seal foam or any other that I have found, it will soak up any and all water it comes in contact with. Not good inside a seaplane. If you know of a source of closed cell foam please relay the source to me.

I have been reinforcing the bulkheads, and formers inside the fuselage with a mixture of ground glass and 45min epoxy. All the formers seem to be well glued but I am making double sure. It was a challenge but with a long skinny surrenge and chop sticks with the ends shaped as paddles I was able to reach most of the formers in the upright fin. Next I will put a layer of carbon vail, .5 glass cloth and epoxy on the inside bottom.

I knew my engine was a bit large for this model after reading the entire thread but It is well broke in and dependable. I will just have to be smart about using its available power. (I never like flying at full power and often take off my other planes at less than full power.) (I am not a gun and go kind of pilot)

Thanks for the input!