RCU Forums - View Single Post - Spektrum DX6i brown out issues.
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2015, 11:39 AM
TOPGUN WINNER
My Feedback: (27)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Battery clips are the main reason for the dx-6 failures.

I have been doing extensive testing on this problem for about three months. Spektrum said they could not find a problem with their transmitters and/or receivers.
Half of that statement is true: Spectrum transmitters do not have a problem...really. All of my testing shows that the spektrum transmitters are a great product and a good buy...i recommend them to every new pilot i teach. (about 20 per year)

i have videos of the tests we have run. They use the same aircraft and same servos. They use a dx-8 and new dx-7 transmitters both equally good.

The only difference is the receivers. Spectrum receivers of all types failed terribly. They are the worst of any receiver tested. None of them can handle the amps required to run five standard size servos. We use spektrum digital servos that come with the radios when you buy them...that is the kiss of death.

Several of you have found the answer to your problems but did not recognize it. Use your radio with confidence but only use your spektrum receivers in foamies or .46 size sticks...if you run futaba servos you can feel safe with a 60 size stick. Other than that just forget spektrum receivers...they are junk and spektrum knows it.

Their engineers have work around methods like a separate battery for your receiver and a separate power bus for your servos, life or lipo batteries that both require voltage regulators to work properly. They will also tell you not to use nicd batteries while 90% of the pilots still use the battery of choice.

You van use nicd 5cell 6.0v packs through your jr or futaba receiver and fly a large imac 3-d plane...do not try that with specktrum receivers or you will crash and horizon hobbies knows it.

I have several videos but the most relevent one shows the same 3-d plane as the first where the two spektrum receivers failed every time you did a snap roll.

I replaced it with an orange 7 channel from hobby king $17.00 and a satellite for $13.00 from hobby king. Never fly anything without a satellite, it just isn't worth it.

It was impossible to make it fail...i think that say's it all. However, i have been told that the jr receiver is even better but costs a lot more.

If you fly giant aircraft that needs 3 servos for each aileron and a five pack for the rudder etc etc...please go with a power bus for your servos with two life batteries and a separate battery for your receiver. I strongly recommend you use two receivers with separate batteries in case one fails you keep flying until you can land. You see this in imac competition for the past 15 years that i know of. That includes some world champions.

Well, i will post some videos if someone can show me how...i have never posted anything but i think this needs to be seen. We all want back the money we have lost. I only got the run around from horizon hobby...you should all get what they cost you by not telling you the truth about their receivers.

God bless and good luck...you have all the information you need to stop crashing... If you go big, go futaba...they are the best for now. Jr & orange is your temporary fix...