RCU Forums - View Single Post - Is Airtronics going out of business...?
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2015, 09:19 AM
pianori
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by F.Imbriaco
For once, I'd like someone from SANWA to make a statement, any statement, rather than read more conjecture .
In my humble opinion, Airtronics does not want to commit to a statement as they are still trying to figure out their place in the TX market. Their quality is not in question here. Just their commitment in the high line air transmitter segment. It seems to me that they are making a shift to surface car radios. I have two of them. The car radios have telemetry, and vibration feedback. So, all the latest bells and whistles can be found in their car radios, just not in the air radios.

I think it was mentioned before that the market is too crowded with other manufactures trying to get a piece of the pie of the market . Airtronics is not sure if they want to compete there. It is frustrating from the loyal Airtronics customer and it makes the company image look bad if one is interested in purchasing an up to par aircraft radio. I fly Futaba, Multioplex and now Graupner. I looked at Airtronics, but as most have said, I did not even bother because the features were not there on the air TX side. Conversely, the surface radios are simply brilliant products filled with state of the art features and options. The funny part is that now that I have been introduced to all the bells and whistles of the other brand TX radios, I now cannot do without. The additional features and higher number of channels, provides me with an extra sense of safety, flexibility, and awareness.

Perhaps in the future they will decide to commit in the air TX radio segment. However, by then it could be too late for them to re-enter the air TX market, because whatever remaining loyal customers, they would probably convert to other brands with more capable radios, and Airtronics would have to spent a fortune in advertising to catch up and become again a player in the air TX segment.

But then again, that could be just fine with AIrtronincs. It all depends what they are after, financially.

Last edited by pianori; 09-14-2015 at 09:21 AM.