RCU Forums - View Single Post - SIG Rascal 110 ARF Build Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2015, 11:18 AM
SrTelemaster150

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Instrument Panel, Windshield & Some Finishing Touches.

I wanted to wait all of the fuselage work was finished before installing the windshield.
After checking the preliminary balance to determine if I would need to mount battery aft, I found that the fuselage was ever so slightly nose heavy before then RX battery packs were placed.

Since I had access to place the battery over about 12" of fuselage behind then recommended CG, I decided to recovered the bottom of the fuselage & finish things up. After doing that, I covered the ignition module hatch & installed it.

Now that I was done flopping the fuselage around on the work table, I glued the paper instrument panel on & installed the windshield using 6 additional screws from what the plans called for.

The fuselage is now about 99.9% complete. I still need to replace the cheap Hobby King (overflow ports) fuel dots that don't function properly with some PSP Manufacturing red anodized fuel dots.

I also need to coat the plywood cowl reinforcements with finishing epoxy & the cowl got some CA runs on the outside so I will probably sand it & repaint it to.

All it really lacks now are the wings & I have some modification in mind for them including paper tubes to hide the servo leads, reverse wiring one of the flap servos, custom length "Y' harness for the flaps, custom length servo extensions for the ailerons & I have to modify the servo hatches slightly to accommodate the the low profile servos that are slightly wider than the standard servos the hatches are designed for. I also need to make some other wire harness for the Rx hook-ups.
At some time I want to install a red blinking LED indicator for the ignition circuit as well as fabricate a circuit isolator board for the dual Rx circuits with blinking LED indicators for each circuit. That can wait until after the airframe is airworthy though.
In the mean time, here is how she sits right now.

It won't be long now.

Last edited by SrTelemaster150; 09-14-2015 at 11:31 AM.