RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hellcat Build with 250cc Radial
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2015, 02:11 PM
flyn2high
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Greg:
I blew them up from Ziroli’s Hellcat plans. It went from 4 sheets to 6. I made some modification on the plans to accept the gear and remove the wing tube. I also made a plug for the cowl and canopy. I gave it all to Nick Ziroli Jr. He made me a cowl from my plug and pulled a canopy. Call Mike Gross at Ziroli Plans. He can give you a copy along with a cowl and canopy. Darrel made the gear for me. It is really robust and uses a pair of bevel gears to do the turn.

On the other fiberglass parts like strut covers I made them one off using pink foam. It didn't take much I just made the bump for the strut cover. Then had a sheet of plastic over the bottom of the sheeted center section and layed up glass cloth over it. I think earlier in the built I have pictures of this.

Its funny that I just got back from the field and flew it today. I’m holding on each wing with a single long #8 socket head cap screw. It doesn’t look like it would be strong enough but we calculated that it is good for close to 2,000 pounds of force in the center of the wing before it will fail. I think other things will break first :-).