RCU Forums - View Single Post - looking for 24V-48V motor with high cogging torque
Old 09-25-2015, 12:28 PM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by jmsachs
OK, if you want to be pedantic, then let's say a cogging torque that's more than 2% of rated torque.

Except very few people out there have equipment to measure cogging torque... which is why I guess I'm just asking for noticeably high cogging torque. If you can spin a motor shaft by hand and you can feel the cogging torque, that's relatively high.
OK, that helps. Many of my brushless motors would fall into that category but not high enough voltage for your needs.

Now, how big of a motor do you need in wattage? 24V is fairly common for aircraft brushless. That is just 7 cells. 37 V would be readily available. Can't comment on the cogging nature.

I can't offer anything personally as I don't typically fly motors bigger than 4 cells but wanted to get more specifics from you so that someone else reading this might be able to help you. When the request is too vague generally no one answers. you had 40 views of this message and no one responded.

Best of luck

Last edited by aeajr; 09-25-2015 at 12:32 PM.