RCU Forums - View Single Post - NiMh Battery Charger Help Pleaaase
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2015, 07:05 AM
secret_squirrel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, so a quick update. Yesterday my Accu-Cycle Elite arrived. I owned one of these prior to the Q6320AC but one day at the field, the display would not come one. Guessing heat just took its toll. I was really sad to see the Accu-Cycle elite go but, I also knew it would be a great excuse to purchase a new quad charger with more capabilities, enter the Q6320AC.

It was like being reunited with an old friend yesterday. Added bonus, the Accu-Cycle Elite can acctually be powered by one of the Q6320AC ports so no mods need to be made to the wiring in my car ;-) Last night I was really happy, clicked a few buttons and the Accu-Cycle Elite was off and purring, cycling two batteries with the temp probes installed (Another nice suprise, I believe the temp probes will work with the Q6320AC). When I woke up this am, one of the batteries was rather warm and in the cool down phase between charge/discharge routines, and the other battery had completed 3 cycles with numbers like discharge=300 mAh and Charge numbers around the same. I was a little disappointed. I started doing some reading a found out that I needed to set the temp cutoff....DUH. Anyway, I changed the temp cutoff setting and the battery that was warm is actually doing a discharge now, and the other battery successfully charged and cutoff when it got warm. It is also in a discharge routine now.

Where am I now? Hopefully I can mod a majority of my planes to have access to the batteries so I can fast charge with the temp probes when needed. I think on a regular basis though, I will begin charging my NiMhs with a wall wart for some sort of balancing.

Sound like a good plan?

Last edited by secret_squirrel; 09-26-2015 at 07:07 AM.