RCU Forums - View Single Post - NiMh Battery Charger Help Pleaaase
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2015, 06:18 PM
John_M_

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by secret_squirrel
I will make you a deal. I will pay shipping and instead of throwing those batteries away, you ship them to me. I can't remember the exact cycle life of a NiMh but you are wasting at least 100s if not close to a thousand flights on those batteries. Look, it is your hobby though, if you are comfortable with your routine, stick with it. I know a lot of people who do what you do, to me it is just throwing money down the drain I could be spending on something I need. :-). (I need another plane/engine like I need a hole in the head )

peace.

My brother inlaw just threw out a couple NiMh sub c packs and A123 cells... someone already offer to take them off his hands at our flying club, but he declined, and so do I... they get fully discharged, crow-bared and tossed in the recycle bin... I make up my own packs and can get hi discharge sub c NiMh cells for around $4 bucks each, and genuine A123 cells for about $8 bucks a piece... so for about $60 bucks a season, I can replace all the packs, receiver, servo, and ignition batteries... its just cheap insurance to replace them, rather than to store them.

John M,