RCU Forums - View Single Post - NiMh Battery Charger Help Pleaaase
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2015, 05:25 PM
secret_squirrel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oliveDrab
+1
Why is it necessary to charge a NimH at the field?
Some of us don't have the luxury of knowing when we are going to fly. Wife, kids, weather.......sometimes I go to bed friday night thinking I am going to fly on Saturday and it doesnt happen. Like you said, old habbits die hard. I have just gotten into the habbit of plugging all my stuff in before I leave to the field and buy the time I get there, 90% of everything is charged.

So forward movement today. For the last several months, I have plugged my stuff in and started driving to the field only to have to stop three or four times for false delta peaks. Today, I plugged in two A123s, and three Nihms. Each time the timer went off I checked and it was one of the A123s finishing its charge :-)

So far love the Accu-Cycle. I imagine some of my charging habits were bad but fact of the matter was I just didnt trust the Q6329AC. I am slowly trusting the Accu-Cycle. Once you start trusting your charger, you start to look at the battery instead of the charger when things go outside the norm. That just wasnt the case with the Q6320AC.

If you are using LiFe, you really should look at A123s. Same but not as volatile and apparently last a lot longer. Although they are new, I love them!!!