RCU Forums - View Single Post - Voltage drop and the dreaded "Brownout" , What's really at fault ?
Old 09-30-2015, 01:12 PM
TOPGUN WINNER
My Feedback: (27)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey
Servos that show a 6V rating are rated for 6V

Look up tail rotor servos like the 9253 and 9254, both are damaged by excessive heat caused by the high frame rate from a gyro combined with higher than a 4 cell pack, you'll see they only rate the torque and speed for 4.8v
I have Futaba servos 9253 and you are correct...they are rated at 4.8V and cost around $130...I use them on "Pull-Pull" Rudder Systems.

However, as you might imagine I have spent a lot of time talking to the Spektrum Tech guys on the phone. All very nice and very intelligent. Dan Smith is the Manager of that Group and a very nice man. We have had several discussions on this subject and he told me the following: " Because everyone is using more 6V batteries, we try to show the Torque and speed for all our Servos if you are using 6Volts...However, that does not necessary mean we are rating them at 6V"

Check it out, I was totally surprised...If it showed the Torque for 6v I naturally thought it was rated for 6 volts the same as Futaba and the 9253. I wonder if anyone makes an accurate chart that shows what servos are rated for what Voltage?