RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Giant GP Super Sportster!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2015, 06:14 PM
xraysrt6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want to say hi and thank you to everyone that has contributed to this thread. A short background on my self I started out flying CL and moved to rc my first plane was a little tex with a os 30 great motor not so great plane especially for a beginner. I have just returned to flying after a 20 yr break purchased a apprentice 3 months ago and really love the plane what a great trainer. Figured I would stick with e power do to being quick and easy also cost of nitro fuel is way up. The club I joined has a lot of people flying big gassers and I really felt out place. Well 3 weeks ago a guy made me an offer I could not refuse. A GP Giant Sportster with a dle-30 for 300 ready to fly I just had to bind my radio to it. Weekend before last I got 2 flights in and wow what a great plane. I am going to swap control rods to carbon fiber add flying wires to tail and move landing gear to fuse. It already has robart hinges. Figures since I got this great plane it has done nothing but rain hear in NC first real rain in 2 months really hoping I will get a chance this weekend but not looking good Bummer.