RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Tanks from IMEX/Taigen Coming Soon!
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2015, 09:13 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Imex-Erik
Yea the 72nd scale stuff is looking to be here around early November. I was actually just testing a few the other day Here is one of the battlegrounds below:

I still haven't built a permanent set yet, trying to figure out how to make it as small as possible but still a 4x4 or bigger.
Oooh, pretty nice. Any chance of us being able to buy the mechanicals(Gearboxes, turret rotation stuff) to fit to 1/35th scale static model tanks?

Also, I went through the Taigen website and found some interesting stuff on there. I'm currently working on RCing a Hobby Boss 1/16th Tiger I model tank and was curious how easy it would be to buy and install a Taigen airsoft turret onto that upper hull, to fire the gun without using the Taigen electronics*, also whether the metal tracks for sale there would fit the HB model's drive sprockets.

As for why I don't want to pass wires into the turret...two reasons.

1: I'm a stickler for 360 degree rotation and I'm not sure if the recoil enabled airsoft turret is compatible with your 360 degree kit.

2: I'm going to be using my Spektrum DX-5e at first, upgrading to a DX-6i when funds allow. I'm doing this because I have a plethora of other models, as noted in my sig, and I'll be able to operate all of them save one(The heli) from the same transmitter. Convenient! And my control scheme may not be standard, I use the right stick for controlling the hull(Elevator --> throttle, Aileron --> steering) and the left stick controls the turret(Ratchet throttle --> gun elevation, rudder --> turret traverse). The extra channel(s on DX6i) will control things like shooting the gun, lights, etc. The interface between the drive motors and the receiver will come courtesy of 35RCTank, they supplied the one I used on my /35th KV-2 RC and they offer one for /16th tanks as well that will work beautifully for what I'm doing. This is a standard control layout I can use on any tank of any scale, not to mention it leaves the ratchet throttle intact for my NexSTAR and spitfire, but I'm not sure if the Taigen turret electronics are compatible with this setup.

Last edited by 378; 10-01-2015 at 09:36 AM.