RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Tanks from IMEX/Taigen Coming Soon!
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2015, 11:03 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by 378
Oooh, pretty nice. Any chance of us being able to buy the mechanicals(Gearboxes, turret rotation stuff) to fit to 1/35th scale static model tanks?

Also, I went through the Taigen website and found some interesting stuff on there. I'm currently working on RCing a Hobby Boss 1/16th Tiger I model tank and was curious how easy it would be to buy and install a Taigen airsoft turret onto that upper hull, to fire the gun without using the Taigen electronics*, also whether the metal tracks for sale there would fit the HB model's drive sprockets.

As for why I don't want to pass wires into the turret...two reasons.

1: I'm a stickler for 360 degree rotation and I'm not sure if the recoil enabled airsoft turret is compatible with your 360 degree kit.

2: I'm going to be using my Spektrum DX-5e at first, upgrading to a DX-6i when funds allow. I'm doing this because I have a plethora of other models, as noted in my sig, and I'll be able to operate all of them save one(The heli) from the same transmitter. Convenient! And my control scheme may not be standard, I use the right stick for controlling the hull(Elevator --> throttle, Aileron --> steering) and the left stick controls the turret(Ratchet throttle --> gun elevation, rudder --> turret traverse). The extra channel(s on DX6i) will control things like shooting the gun, lights, etc. The interface between the drive motors and the receiver will come courtesy of 35RCTank, they supplied the one I used on my /35th KV-2 RC and they offer one for /16th tanks as well that will work beautifully for what I'm doing. This is a standard control layout I can use on any tank of any scale, not to mention it leaves the ratchet throttle intact for my NexSTAR and spitfire, but I'm not sure if the Taigen turret electronics are compatible with this setup.
I'll get more info on the 72nd scale parts when the release comes closer. I dont see an issue with this but I'll update later on this. The gearboxes and turret rotation have already been improved too
The recoiling airsoft turret is compatible with the 360 unit btw, our TAG13050 Tiger 1 Mid Version has both installed actually. If you want I can try to get you some measurements soon for the Tiger 1 turret if that would help? Firing without our electronics is pretty easy too, there is a standard 9g servo in there that does the hard part and a little board that runs from the trigger switch on the airsoft unit to the servo. You could trigger the servo manually with a transmitter mix if you wanted to or use an aftermarket motherboard for that.
Originally Posted by Panther F
NOW I would be most interested in this! I have 2 1/72 RC tanks and need a battlefield (one I don't have to build and paint) to run around in! Please, put me on the mailing list for this.

The winter here in Indiana prove to be too much for me & my 1/16 and even the 1/6 tanks so I have the little ones around to amuse me inside. I do need to get more than just the Type 97 and the A3 Sherman because I cannot modify those 1/72 DRAGON diecast models into RC... not just yet.

Maybe one slow winter I'll try to disassemble one and RC a 1/72 styrene kit?

Jeff
I should of taken a few more pictures of the other setups I did. I did a little town after that with rows of buildings to make IR harder. Luckily I got access to a huge amount of modeling materials In fact I have a box about 1 meter tall full of nothing but trees to play with! I am making sure they have plenty of power to drive on carpet and obstacles too, they are quite strong now. The team battling is fun too, 2vs1 and 3vs1 are fun when you are trying to get others to play against you.