RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA Survey
Thread: AMA Survey
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2015, 02:14 PM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by porcia83
As for e-mail, no, actually it's not free.
How much does it cost?
In the case of the survey, it's not realistic or cost effective to send out 150,000 surveys.
Is that your opinion, or did the AMA give that as their reason for not sending it to every member?
In the very rare case even 50% of people responded
In my opinion, that is a compelling reason to send it to every member.
consider the time it would take to review the results.
That is the entire premise to sending out a questionaire; to gather information. Yes, it takes time, but that is one of their expected functions, to listen to their constituents in order to guide them to make the decisions we have entrusted them with.
That cost money, and god knows the AMA has already been criticized for they way the spend our dues. I could hear the complaints now, right?
These days, I'm not saying it wouldn't happen, but I personally can't fathom a member who would complain that their own organization would spend some of their own money in order to listen to their opinions! I believe you are aware that most of the criticisms we are seeing regarding the AMA's expenditures, are being voiced by members that believe their money is not being spent in their best interest, not simply that money is being spent.
As is, I'd ballpark the cost of this in the $5,000k range, at least.
Is this based on any verifiable facts?
Keep in mind the AMA has a researcher on staff too.
And I can't think of a better way for them to spend their time! That is precisely what we pay them for!

Regards,

Astro