RCU Forums - View Single Post - Snake in the Workshop
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2015, 02:41 PM
rt3232
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I have been resting a story, but every time I check this thread I have a good laugh,
Any a long time ago when I was wiper snapper (20) was in the cal/ntl/gd, we were out in the field hi desert the boonies of Fort Irwin on a 3 niter, and when the wind blows at nite the sand moves, so to get out of it you dig a small trench put you bed roll in it cover it with a half pup tent then cover the edges with more sand (you leave the pointy end lose) when it comes time to get in you slither in (of corse you have you rifle along 1 edge) the rest of you gear is out side next to the pointy end. that's the picture, now about 3:30 am you feel something on your hip as it is heavy but move a bit,as it wake you up, so you think about it for a half second and peek out and there is a side winder, now you panic, leap out grab your folding shovel and bash it you got lucky and nailed it right on the head with a vary load wack then run a bit, and then look back and it is still moving so you give it another wack, and by this time your hole squad is up and wanting to see what all the ruckus was. now you look at the spot close and there is blood and some other goo on you spot, then you discover why the first wack, the snakes head was rite over you riflebutt. Well after you calm down, and the officers have shown up it now time to put your gear in order and you find you have cracked the stock of the rifle.

Well with that you should now have a picture

Cheers Bob T