RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2015, 05:43 AM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

That is just the banner, but I have been there too. Looks like the one I have has a black plastic backing plate on it, so it may be the earlier version, but the weight of it is dead on at 16.5 ounces (470grams), and the carb sits a bit lower than the OS 70, so win-win. More power, smaller lighter package. My SSE will fly great with it. Well it will once I complete the repairs from my recent detailing. Just have to mount the engine, put in a new RX, balance it, then replace the damaged covering. I left the covering off the tail of the fuse until I balance it just in case I need tail weight.

There was a Saito FA-180 for $275, and it was brand new, decent price? I didn't want it as its too big for me, if I need that big an engine it will be gas, $3 a gallon vs $20 a gallon makes a big difference even if CDI is involved. The one I picked up cost me $300, but it included a AceRC 4-60 with 5 servos ready to go. The two wing servos are slim line wing servos, and they list for $70 each. The build on the plane is excellent, very nicely done. Maybe I will put the OS on it.