RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA partnering with industry to present Las Vegas Drone conference. Tickets only $540
Old 10-05-2015, 02:39 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

I knew for a while now , and have said it in other posts , that the AMA EC sure seems to want to be fully involved in the drone operations of the future , cause they see GigaBuck$ in that , VS a dwindling stock of us FOGs who fly "Traditional" (Yes Tom , I said it , traditional , and I think your thread summed up nicely exactly just what that is) model aircraft . I believe once it becomes about commercial UAS flight and the boatload of money associated with it , that we will be swept aside as the AMA becomes a for profit drone corporation . Once the AMA fully abandons us and it's "educational" non profit status , there will be room for a new AMA made up of all us disenfranchised FOGs who want to belong to a non profit model aviation advocacy group , kinda like what the present AMA is rapidly running away from being . I do see a rift coming , and I do believe the numbers of traditionalists VS dronners will support an organization more resembling what the AMA once was .......