RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA partnering with industry to present Las Vegas Drone conference. Tickets only $540
Old 10-05-2015, 05:53 PM
islandflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Silent-AV8R
One step closer to the American Multirotor Association

All this does is further blur the lines between what AMA was, and what it is becoming.

The speaker list for this year's Expo is not up yet. But here is last year's list:

http://amaexpo.com/speaker-series/2015-speakers/

Six of the eight speakers had little, or nothing, to do with what most AMA members fly and do. And one (TFR talk) only partially touches members since clubs that are affected by a TFR mostly know it and close down. The TFR talk is really directed at the multitude of new drone pilots who feel they can fly anywhere they want to any time they want and however they feel like.

Botom line is I simply do not feel AMA represent me and the majority of members like me now. I talk to lots of people, and with very few exceptions the guys I talk to wish AMA would do more to distance our hobby from the drones, rather doing more to embrace them.

I guess we're just a bunch of FOGs!!
I agree with you, as it has been clear from several other threads in which we both posted recently.
I too keep getting the same feed back from the overwhelming majority of the people I speak with, and I do discuss this with many fellow modelers.

I just had a call from a customer today with whom I discussed the degeneration of the AMA as it was known for about 78 years: he is from Willimantic, CT, and had never even thought about these issues until this telephone conversation. He found himself in total agreement with the position I share with many others, and told me that with this new understanding of the developing issues, he was going to make it a point to spread the word around where he lives and flies: we do need to get more involved in this situation, and get others to realize where the AMA is taking the organization we, the model aviators created and supported for many years.
At the very least, we need to take the few minutes required to take this survey, and let the AMA know where we, the current members stand.
We also need to make sure more modelers around us realize what has been happening, and take this survey to let their voices heard.
Those who agree with the new direction of the AMA will undoubtedly make it clear.
Those who disagree need to make it equally clear here: https://www.research.net/r/9BN8GD8?AMAMSN=2949163