RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA partnering with industry to present Las Vegas Drone conference. Tickets only $540
Old 10-06-2015, 03:22 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lacking integrity

Originally Posted by astrohog
Funny, since I did not receive an invite to participate in the survey, but am an interested party, I followed islandflyers' link and completed the survey. After I read your post, and wanting to make sure my voice was heard, I clicked on the link again to see if I could somehow contact the survey administrators to verify that they HAD captured my unique poll answers, or to see if (as you stated) anybody who used that link to access the survey would be essentially, viewed as one set of responses. I was greeted with a message that read, "YOU HAVE ALREADY COMPLETED THIS SURVEY". Because I know that islandflyer had already completed his survey before I ever tried, I will assume that you are incorrect, and that my responses WERE recorded. It would look as though there is some other unique identifier (such as IP address) that allows for multiple responses to be recorded as such, regardless of the "unique identifier" you referred to.

So you didn't get an invite, but decided to go ahead and fill out a survey sent to someone else with their AMA number embedded, , because you wanted your voice heard. You weren't asked, but your intent on having a say, and you're willing to have that say even if it means distorting the random selection process of the survey. And you've convinced yourself that it worked. Other than filling them out, have you any experience with surveys?

LOL!!!! "muster the troops" , "stuff the ballot box" and, "backdoor the survey" You make it sound like there is something wrong with folks wanting to participate in the process and have their voice heard!!!

Yes, all of the above. Clearly demonstrated by Islandflyer's post. He's on the phone with a customer who seemingly is unaware of the travesty that is befalling the AMA, the "degeneration" if will (not too hysterical), but after the call the customer is in complete agreement with him, and will help spread the word. He then drops a link to his survey online and suggests it get completed. So yes, all of the above. But as usual, you are so intent on being disagreeable and contrary that you cherry picked a few phrases and want to make it seem like I don't want voices to be heard. Disingenuous of course, blatantly so.

Rather than try to stuff the ballot box as it were and backdoor the survey, folks efforts are better spent
contacting their district AMA AVP, or VP. If for some reason they don't feel like that is sufficient, write to the senior leadership. All of their e-mails are readily available, and this way you are talking directly to the policy makers, not having your information filtered through a third party vendor. Also doesn't hurt to saddle up next to one of them as they attend events, and just talk to them.

Regards,

Astro
Yes indeed, my suggestions are clearly meant to dissuade people from making their voices heard. It's curious to watch an ends justify the means rationalization materialize and manifest itself over time. Character, integrity, and moral compass give way to getting what we want. Different strokes, for different folks n'all.

(because it's been a while).