RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA partnering with industry to present Las Vegas Drone conference. Tickets only $540
Old 10-06-2015, 06:46 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Silent-AV8R
And I would once again remind them that I am not passing any judgment on them or their hobby. But it is not MY hobby and I do not want the AMA wasting time with them while neglecting the rest of us. But it seems like they have found a hot new chick to mess around with so the tired old wife is going to be shuttled aside.
When determining whether something is right or wrong for an organization it's best to assess whether that activity is consistent with their mission statement.

Looking at the AMA's mission statement:

"The Academy of Model Aeronautics is a world-class association of modelers organized for the purpose of promotion, development, education, advancement, and safeguarding of modeling activities.

The Academy provides leadership, organization, competition, communication, protection, representation, recognition, education, and scientific/technical development to modelers."

I can't help but notice their attendance would be considered "promotion" and "safeguarding of modeling activities" which is certainly consistent with their mission statement.