RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dues increase coming? 1 million spent on government relations.....
Old 10-06-2015, 09:38 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

I am posting this here primarily because of the funky stuff RCUniverse has going on with the webiste and the fat that I still have to use IE8 because this place won't upgrade to IE11 yet. Also, this thread is the most popular one know and I think this info needs ot go to a lot of people. If the moderators would like to move it and start anohter thread that would be great.

The Federal Aviation Administration on Tuesday proposed a record $1.9 million fine against an aerial photography company for flying drones in crowded New York and Chicago airspace without permission.

SkyPan International Inc. of Chicago operated 65 unauthorized flights between March 2012 and December 2014 in some of the nation's most congested airspace, the FAA said in a statement. - http://news.yahoo.com/faa-proposes-n...--finance.html

Remember that a lot of those near misses were in the Newark, New York arspace? 43 of these flights were also