RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dues increase coming? 1 million spent on government relations.....
Old 10-06-2015, 11:37 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rcmiket
I'm still wondering about the number of lawsuits filed. Seems like numbers are hard to find. Although I did find where the AMA was suing the FAA but we already knew that.

Mike
Chances are they would not release that information, Don't think they are obligated too, nor is it something that is typically divulged. Not sure what the purpose would be in getting the info unless it has to do with underwriting, repricing policies etc. I'm wonder if the VP's even have access to that data. Yes, I realize we are all members of the AMA and pay dues, and there should be a level of transparency (the financial records may suffice although lacking specificity), I just don't think that's something that's shared with the general membership. Lot's of decisions are made about a lot of things they do that don't require membership review, analysis, and approval. I'm not sure the bulk of the membership cares about a lot of the day to day stuff, imo. Clearly the multi-rotor issues, as well as dues increases is something many folks are aware of, and feel strongly about.