RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Futaba 18SZ?
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2015, 05:10 AM
ww2birds
My Feedback: (14)

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Hi Carsten

Well I finally got back home where I could get hands-on with my TX and checked my memory about multiprop.. and at least for my 18MZ (maybe there are regional differences between mine and yours?) the multiprop option shows up in both 14MZ (FASST multi) and 18MZ (FASSTest 18ch) modes.

This is fascinating to me since I used the multiprop feature a lot on my 14MZ and recall being grumpy that it was not available in 18MZ mode .. but it looks like it is .. so that is great (Don (Jetkopter) told me it was but I did not believe him .. sorry Don!). I am finishing a build on a 1/7 F-15E that is already using all 18 channels and would love a few more so I guess I have this thread to thank for making me go check.

I presume that if using a PowerBox SRS or a Robbe 2018 you'd have to take the multiprop signal directly from the RX and then perhaps give it an independent power supply .. I don't know how much current the power boxes give to the RX since they assume no servos directly connected to the RX.

I am guessing the boxes would not "know" how to handle the multiprop signal .. but will have to experiment to see .. maybe it would work to plug the MPDX-1 into the appropriate channel of the PBox or 2018. If that does work it's way better since you could preserve the dual RX redundancy. But in both cases they use the S-Bus stream as input which makes me wonder if it would work .. we'll see...

Thanks and hope all's well with you! Loved using your telemetry system this summer, BTW.

Dave

Last edited by ww2birds; 10-07-2015 at 05:17 AM.