RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA partnering with industry to present Las Vegas Drone conference. Tickets only $540
Old 10-07-2015, 06:26 AM
Andy_S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GerKonig
Also there is the scientific/technical part in the mission statement. I really never gave a rat's arse about U control, or free flight, rubber power, indoors, choppers, 3D flight, or drones. But, they are part of our hobby. Some people have a hard time grasping this concept.

Gerry
Gerry,

The 3D/heli analogy is very weak in my opinion. Exploring the capabilities of flying post stall (3D) or flying helis without obstructing a flight pattern has nothing to do with the special considerations involved with flying to the capabilities and limits of FPV.
Not to mention, Control Line and indoor are safely operated away from the RC flight line within the limits of a designated area, which is the key.
In any case, you either operate within LOS (including FPV with a spotter at a field that allows it) or you don't. In my opinon, the FPV hobby/market/industry caters to the latter and doesn't reflect my hobby and the way I choose to be involved in it.
Andy