RCU Forums - View Single Post - What is Traditional RC modeling?
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2015, 12:40 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thumbnstick
"Traditional R/C Modeling" Brings a smile to my face. Traditions are defined as something passed on from generation to generation. For me thinking back there are lots of tradidtions. Toledo for one. Still go there year after year. Bringing a new model to the field with a big smile on your face.... and having your buddies smile too. ( inside you just know they are jealous with envy) The feeling you get when the maiden flies straight and true! Another tradition is the help you get from your buddies when a glow engine doesn't start..... "wrong fuel", "bad glow igniter", "change the plug you idiot", "Ya gotta lean it in... NO rich it out", and the good old classic, " why did you buy that brand of engine .... know wonder it doesn't run" LOL Oh .... and what club doesn't relish the tradition of officer elections, so fun and very traditional!! Looking through the next months magazine to see what's new..... and the cheapest place to buy it! Friends you establish year after year, from all over the country. Those things just don't change for me, and make the hobby priceless.
And don't forget the argument about Spektrum v Futaba etc etc.

Thanks for writing something about a smile on a face, and your thoughts as well.