RCU Forums - View Single Post - Skymaster F5 questions
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2015, 09:51 AM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

I know this post is a little old but I have my F5 basically ready and thought I'd just check to make sure I'm not missing anything.

Stock F5 set up with the following:

Tams pipe
I have strengthened the stab spar box as recommended.
I have added a 1/4" ply laminated with fiberglass both sides cross brace to the rear wing former (I wanted to do the front one as well but there is no way I can put one in that would be removable as the back side of the front former has huge blocks glued to it to hold the gear door rams and the front side is simply to tight with the inlet ducting where it is.)
I have added NACA ducts to the rear bottom hatch to help with cooling as I was overheating on the first run.
CG is set at 110mm. Throws are as per skymaster.
Nose gear i THINK is a longer strut, it looks like it was spaced down 1/4" with a wheel collar to change the angle of attack. When the jet sits on the gear and the reat struts compress it has a just slightly nose high attitude.
I think that's all, AMT Pegasus SP for power. I think I need to reinforce the main gear doors though, they flex quite a bit, has there been any issues with them opening in flight due to flexing?