RCU Forums - View Single Post - What is Traditional RC modeling?
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2015, 11:36 AM
OldScaleGuy
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by GerKonig
How about choppers? How about any turbine powered stuff (airplanes, choppers and gliders)? How 'bout big electrics? How about my 4HP lithium powered airplane stuff, is that traditional?

Your definition is precisely that, your definition. As such, it could match the definition of many others in your particular age group that have similar interests. But that is it! Most will not agree... Nowdays ARFS are as traditional as doughnuts and FedEx.

Now that I think of it 100% builders only are not traditional, and a dying breed...

Gerry
Your comments is what makes RCU a great place to voice our opinions and it is strictly that, our opinions. We all have a right to our opinions, we should learn from others opinions as well. As far as choppers and turbines, my opinion is that they certainly could be considered traditional if they are built from a kit or scratch built. For example, i have a Trex 600e (it is for sale by the way) that i built from a kit, it is a great chopper. Mirce has a build thread going on for two turbine powered jets. Great, traditional stuff, again, just my opinion. I too have arf's that i fly and enjoy but not to the level of the subjects that were traditionally built from a kit or scratch built. Regards!