RCU Forums - View Single Post - What is Traditional RC modeling?
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2015, 12:37 PM
islandflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been reading that tradition can mean different things for each person.

I was taught that the only effective way to communicate is to use each word for what it means (per dictionary), rather than use approximate terms for whatever I think it should mean today: if we all did the latter, we would have to spend more time defining our language, rather than actually communicating anything.

In that sense, I use the word tradition(al) as per dictionary's definition: "the transmission of customs or beliefs from generation to generation, or the fact of being passed on in this way".

That is why I defined "traditional R/C" as I did earlier. It is as it was transmitted to me by those who did it before me, and educated me in this hobby. I may have a few different notions today in certain aspects of modeling, but I would not call any of those "traditional" if they do not conform to what was passed down to me. This notion makes no judgement on weather my new things are better or worse than the tradition; however, the new and different aspects of my modeling would by no means be traditional.Others who learned modeling in a different time, group or place, would likely have a different notion of traditional modeling, based on what was passed down to them.