RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sig Kadet MkII build
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2015, 08:19 AM
KenChoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi DBD1, glad to hear from you. I really enjoy reading your thread. That's a good tip on the wing kit, thank you! I didn't know Sig offered that. One of the things I got from your thread was having the plans cut in sections to make the build more manageable on the table. I only cut mine into two portions (basically wing which was on top, and fuse on the bottom) but it still made moving things around much easier.

I wasn't really planning on posting an update so early in the week but since I'm logged in, I'll post just two pictures on some progress: more done on the bottom surface with capstrips and the two bottom spars in place, along with the ribs being cut out and sanded to match each other.

I made the W1A ribs using the pattern in the manual by tracing it onto a piece of paper. While I was at it I also traced the patterns for the dihedral gauge and wing tip angle gauge onto paper which I then glued to some stiffer cardboard (using 3M 77), and then cutting those out. It turned out that the idea of paper templates would come in real handy when it came time to fit the shear webs, but more on that later.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1708.JPG
Views:	307
Size:	2.11 MB
ID:	2125177   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1710.JPG
Views:	3135
Size:	2.83 MB
ID:	2125178   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1711.JPG
Views:	3106
Size:	2.44 MB
ID:	2125179  

Last edited by KenChoo; 10-13-2015 at 08:24 AM.