RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hacker Funny bipe
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2015, 05:06 PM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, I'm torn on the issue of gear, but I could give it cool CF struts and parkie wheels for a penalty of maybe 1/2oz. Wire cable skid to protect the elev horn. Won't hurt the climb rate any.. it was pretty bouncy and skittery on that flight, needs throttle/elev mixing, and the wings could have been flexing too.

I was puzzled by some erratic mixture behavior (the engine quit on that first flight with over 1/2 tank left). So this evening I hid from the elements under the deck, and with some ground running found out I had an intermittent air leak at the fuel inlet due to getting around the darn muffler with as little extra tubing as possible. So I trimmed it back, added a coupling and made a more reasonable bend. Seems to run better now.. I'm noticing there is a broad region after it breaks clean where the top end is fine but the low end goes rich. But it takes a while to get to peak so seems there is a compromise setting in the middle. The engine no doubt needs some time too. I better go find an .074 thread to see what I should expect for idle, can't remember.

Maybe tomorrow the $#?%&^@ winds will let up..