RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sig Kadet MkII build
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2015, 02:52 PM
KenChoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know it's still a long way off, but I've been thinking about the finishing...I would like to duplicate the box art as much as possible but do not want to go the dope and covering route (can't finish it outdoors, and I'm not subjecting my family to the hazards of dope indoors). Nor do I wish to use film covering because it just doesn't hold up as well as I'd like over the 10 year+ timeframe (the airframe does fine but covering gets brittle and/or dull).

I was thinking of Solartex natural and painting/clearcoating over that, but I cannot get it clear in my mind how I will mask off and paint the curved patterns on the wing or do the silver outline to the black...masking over the ribs especially I think might pose a challenge? It feels as though the windshield area would be tricky too.

What to do, what to do...frisket film? 3M blue masking tape? How to do it? Or just cut out all the trim in Solartex and apply it over itself? I should also mention that I intend to brush instead of spray FWIW...

I'd appreciate any advice or thoughts you guys could offer...

On a positive note, I just found the family camera so the picture quality should improve past the rib installation on the left wing panel (just getting ready to do the top sheeting for the left panel).

Have a great weekend everyone.

Last edited by KenChoo; 10-16-2015 at 02:57 PM.