RCU Forums - View Single Post - New big Ripmax Xcalibur (Xcalibur+)
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2015, 07:31 PM
br1anj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blainer48
I've noticed that there aren't very many of us from the states here throwing up stuff about maidens or anything yet. Not even much talk about building or what you're finding other than the wing fitting issues. Anyone have any updates.

Jason
Jason,

Besides the wing fitting issues I have nothing bad to say about this jet. This is my first jet build so I'm more about asking questions and comfirming what I'm figuring out on my own. As it is my plus will be ready to fly this weekend. Everything has gone extremely smooth just trying to make sure I do everything right and keep the install as clean as possible. The biggest pain for me so far throughout the entire process was drilling holes in the fuse to run the air lines for the retracts. I tried heating up a pick and just melting through but failed so I borrowed a very tight right angle drill from work to make it happen. Other than that, no fuss at all.

It'll hopefully be sooner rather than later for the maiden but I don't currently hold a waiver so I have to have help and all that greatness for a little bit before I can fly on my own. If not this coming weekend possibly early November as I live in Indiana and it will be getting cold soon.

Good Luck with yours

Brian